Sony Alpha Femme Mentorship
Sony Alpha SA is launching the Sony Alpha Femme mentorship programme, aimed at the incredibly talented female content creators in South Africa who want to take their skills to the next level.
The mentorship will be hosted by renowned digital content creator @fashionbreed who has over 10 years of experience in the industry.
Want to be part of the programme?
The Mentorship will cover a training session, an assignment and a review of that assignment.
How to enter the Mentorship programme
1) Make a post about your favourite Travel, Lifestyle or Fashion image
2) Tag @SonyAlphaSA and @Fashionbreed in the copy of the post
3) Use the #AlphaFemmeMentorship & #BEALPHA
4) We will choose 3 people to be directly mentored by @Fashionbreed
5) Entries closes on the 30th of August 2021 and the 3 chosen Mentees will be announced on the 31st of August 2021
T’s and C’s apply.
- The mentorship will cover all the criteria for a creative to be successful in their respective industries: they will receive assignments with constructive feedback following submission, they will be taught how to work with brands and build a media kit/portfolio of their work, they will be shown hacks on how to grow their business and following on social media, and they will be given tailored feedback on their strengths and weaknesses.
- The entry assignment would be to produce a piece of photographic or video content either in the fashion, travel or beauty niche with the theme that captures/celebrates the Alpha Female, exploring the strength and dynamism of Women today. The caption needs to explain what inspired their content to take this direction, what being a powerful Alpha woman means to them, and what the goal is behind their digital brand. It can be a piece they art direct and/or star in and have shot by a female team, or it can be something they shoot themselves.
- Assignments will be graded out of 10 in various categories with the final amount tallied in the end. The categories are: how well the message in the caption is captured in the content itself/concept execution, originality, quality.
Terms & conditions apply:
- The competition will only run from 12 – 30 August 2021. Mentees(winners) to be announced on 31 August 2021 on the Sony Alpha SA Instagram page via a post. Late entries will not be considered.
- Entrants must follow all the steps mentioned above to qualify for the mentorship. Failure to meet all the criteria will result in the entry not being considered.
- The competition is only open to South African residents.
- The organisers’ decision regarding any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the mentees (winners) is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The organizers or their agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prize awards.
- This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- The mentees(winners) will be contacted directly via DM after the announcement has been made and details regarding the mentorship will then be shared personally.